- Oil prices had their biggest gains ever on Friday, jumping nearly $11 to a new record above $138 a barrel according to the International Herald Tribune . Here in Vancouver gas is around 1.40 a litre and isn’t planning on going anywhere but up. Meanwhile, GM’s closing a truck plant in Oshawa, despite the fact the plant was the pilot site to build a new hybrid truck for GM . CAW boss Buzz Hargrove, on CBC’s As It Happens, says GM told him they’ll only be able to sell 3 or 4 thousand new hybrid trucks a year, so they’ll built them in Mexico.
- Syphoning gas, popular when I was a teenager, is back.
- CBC declines to renew the Hockey Night in Canada theme, launches contest in partnership with Nettwerk to find new theme.
- Ed McMahon can’t afford to pay his mortgage – he’s behind $ 644,000 in mortgage payments and can’t seem to sell is 6.2 million dollar Beverly Hills mansion. Wife says they could have planned a bit better..
- A new report says the Writers Guild of America strike pushed California into a recession and cost the state 2.1 billion dollars.
- I guess the rabbits were right…pine bark is good for you.
- Personal drug use may be unconstitutional in Argentina.
- Meanwhile, civic leader in Port Coquitlam off meds and drunk, one way to make headlines.
- Drivers in Cypress are being asked not to leave their cars while still in motion.
by Robert Ouimet