How to get to the top without really trying:
1. get a spinnaker halyard.
2. tie a bowline on a bight to create 2 holes.
3. insert legs in the 2 holes.
4. ask lazy bones to put down beer and load the winch.
5. while beer bones cranks, walk up the mast like batman.
6. while you’re up there, check the halyard races.
7. look for wind, smell the sea air, and remember to focus.
8. sell your clothes, you’re going to heaven.
Bowline on a Bight and up the Stick.
Trincomali Channel, Gulf Islands, Straight of Georgia, British Columbia
c. 1985. Get the postcard here.